How do I speed up my Dell computer?
Posted by admin, 5 Sept 2018
You have just bought a dell laptop. It is a new system. You open it up; smell the new electronic smell, a smell that just might be cologne if it were in style. You turn on the laptop and relentlessly install every bit of playable software into its internals. You start using it. For day one it fine. Comes day two, it is ok. Then you would start noticing the sluggishness of the system. The advertised speed of the reputable Dell is not there anymore. You know realize that your system have slowed down, to an extremely large extend.
Dell Service Centre dwells on this matter and beings you the ways to speed up your hardware.
Steps to speed up the titular system:
The titular system is an incredible achievement. It has a robust exterior combined with a healthy interior structure. But it could still be hindered by the velocity decrease it develops along with the passage of time. The following methods would avail you get the speed back up to the mark:-
- Step 1: the first and the foremost step are to remove unnecessary garbage from the system. And if it sounds harsh then actually is. Many unused programs might have been harboring your system and absorbing that low-key processing power to starve your hardware for optimal velocity. To remove these applications, go to control panel -> Programs and features -> from the resultant listed programs, remove the ones which are benign or you are no longer using. This would free up the system and give the processor a much needed breathing room.
- Step 2: Disk defragmentation: many times, when the system uninstallation I taking place, all the files are not optimally removed. This leads to some of their fragments being spread across the hard disk. This disorder leads them to occupy uneven memory spaces that hamper the speed of the hard disk drive. The act of defragmentation is clubbing these fragmented parts together and compartmentalizing them. It leads to maximum and optimal memory allocation which in turn leads to system efficiency. Hence forth, speed is achieved. To do this, right click on your computer disk drive -> go to properties -> advanced tools -> disk defragmentation. After initializing the process, it takes around 30 to 40 minutes. As Dell laptops are known for their speed, it might take marginally less.
- Step 3: Dell computers work best with the latest drivers installed in their midst. To this end, updating your system is the wisest of the options. It can easily be accomplished by down loading the Dell system BIOS. To do this, you must register your hardware to the titular brand’s website. To do this, first get your service tag number, and other information pertaining to your hardware. Note all of them down. Go to the official website and proceed with the registration of your device with the noted down credentials. Once the registration is complete, an option to download the appropriate updates would be made available to you.
- Step 4: Dell laptops come alongside an upgradable RAM space. To this end, you would have an immense opportunity to upgrade your RAM to speed up your system. To accomplish this, remove the battery, and loosen up the then revealed screws. This would help you freeing up the back plate. Remove the revealed RAM in a precise and a delicate fashion. Your system is not primed for a RAM upgrade. Replace the component and you are done.
- Step 5: Infections may lead to system slowdown. To this end, you must do a complete antivirus scan to remove the deleterious content for your operating system. With any luck, it would improve upon the processing value.
- Step 6: Disk cleanup: Old versions of the OS are more often than not a reason for a cumbersome hard disk drive. They could easily be dealt with using a simple, yet effective Disk clean up. To avail this, right click on the drive where the operating system is installed. Then select properties -. Advanced -> System clean up. An initial scan of removable entities would take place. After its completion, select the object you want removed and then system cleaning is initiated.
These steps are easy but carry their own sets of risk. To this end, contact Dell Repair Centre. On our toll free number 1800-000-000.